ARLINGTON VIRGINIA CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY CASE RESULTS:
Class 2 Misdemeanor charge for Va Code 46.2-613 registration violation was DROPPED at first hearing.
Courthouse: Arlington County General District Court, 1425 N. Courthouse Rd, Arlington, VA 22201
§ 46.2-613. Offenses relating to registration, licensing, and certificates of title; penalty.
No person shall:
1. Operate or permit the operation of a motor vehicle, trailer, or semitrailer owned, leased, or otherwise controlled by him to be operated on a highway unless (i) it is registered, (ii) a certificate of title therefor has been issued, and (iii) it has displayed on it the license plate or plates and decal or decals, if any, assigned to it by the Department for the current registration period, subject to the exemptions mentioned in Article 5 (§ 46.2-655 et seq.) and Article 6 (§ 46.2-662 et seq.) of this chapter. The provisions of this subdivision shall apply to the registration, licensing, and titling of mopeds on or after July 1, 2014.
2. Display, cause or permit to be displayed, any registration card, certificate of title, or license plate or decal which he knows is fictitious or which he knows has been cancelled, revoked, suspended, or altered; or display or cause or permit to be displayed on any motor vehicle, trailer, or semitrailer any license plate or decal that he knows is currently issued for another vehicle. Violation of this subdivision shall constitute a Class 2 misdemeanor.
3. Possess or lend or knowingly permit the use of any registration card, license plate, or decal by anyone not entitled to it.
4. Fail or refuse to surrender to the Department or the Department of State Police, on demand, any certificate of title, registration card, or license plate or decal which has been suspended, cancelled, or revoked. Violation of this subdivision shall constitute a Class 2 misdemeanor.
5. Use a false name or address in any application for the registration of any motor vehicle, trailer, or semitrailer or for a certificate of title or for any renewal or duplicate certificate, or knowingly to make a false statement of a material fact or to conceal a material fact or otherwise commit a fraud in any registration application. Violation of this subdivision shall constitute a Class 1 misdemeanor.